Interesting infograph (by StudyBlue) about how students use/learn with their smartphones. The way we learn is definitely changing. Smartphones will be a part of it, I think. I just don’t know how exactly. Some time ago I lurked the MobiMOOC for a while and listened to Zoraini Wati Abas as part of the Change11 MOOC. It gave me an idea of how smartphones could be used. Things I gathered were:
- sending students reminders/tips/encouragements as texts
- engage with students on the go during an excursion/school trip/…
- letting students take and share photos taken with their smartphone camera
- letting them create little videos of their project
- creating little portfolio posts while working with others
How would you use a smartphone in class?