I assembled a group of people who wanted to think about creating a 1:1 iPad project in our school. The idea is to create a core group to think about the way this is done. What are the benefits of using an iPad? What should we use this device for? How do I integrate this in my classroom?
I started with a simple overview of the possibilities at hand and some background information on the subject. A number of people were excited to participate in this project and we decided to congregate another time to steadily work towards a more profound and structured method.
Questions that rose during our first session were:
- Why the iPad and not Android systems?
- What about the costs involved?
- How can our school assist financially challenged families?
- Does this mean books are gone?
- Do we have the necessary technical facilities and knowhow to complete this project?
A lot of stuff to think about, as we will do in our later sessions.
Keep you posted!